Monday, July 18, 2011

What a Wild Game in Tampa Bay Last Night


    So last night I had BBQ with my landlord cooking some amazing burgers.  Last night also had a wild and crazy game in Tampa Bay.  Not only did this game have a coach get tossed, it also went 16 innings with a 1-0 victory.  David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox had follow through swing to the mask of home plate umpire Chad Fairchild, which prompted him to swear live on television unfortunately ESPN didn’t get the memo, and Fairchild’s thoughts on what an Ortiz follow through to the side of his melon feels like comes through loud and clear. Having never experienced a big leaguer’s back-swing to the side of my head, and never, ever wanting to, I can only imagine that Fairchild was spot on in his assessment that it does indeed hurt like a “son-of-a-bitch.”

       Of course I have an extremely low pain threshold but that’s beside the point.  Last night a freakish moment where broken glass was shattered all over the playing field by Sean Rodriguez going into stands and on the playing surface.  The game was delayed momentarily as grounds crew members cleaned up the debris. Let’s just hope they got all the broken glass out of the artificial turf, especially those tiny little pieces, and I thought my night was perfect with just having burgers.  Oh well that’s why I love this crazy game.   


Ortiz Back Swing to the Mask


Sean Rodriguez Foul Ball Swing

1 comment:

  1. Where do you find this stuff? Oh, wait, you sit in front of a computer all day doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete