Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shaq set to Retire

Shaq is by far one of the Greatest Centers and by far one of the greatest entertainers to play the game of basketball.  Growing up I have always hated to the Lakers yet I always had a soft spot for Shaq due to his very funny since of humor.  The man with four rings, 28,596 career points and scores of nicknames, has finally decided to call it quits, ending one of the most colorful careers in NBA history that will surely culminate with a first ballad Hall of Fame induction.  In his final season Shaq signed a 2 year contract with the Boston Celtics but a persistent Achilles injury will prevent him from fulfilling the terms of the deal. O'Neal first injured his right Achilles on Christmas Day and was able to play only in two of the final 35 games of the regular season.  O'Neal will be remembered as one of the most dominant, recognizable and controversial figures in the game, whose body of work included rap records, movies, a lengthy business portfolio and an even lengthier history of philanthropic deeds.  By the way Dwight Howard he is the original "Superman."



"I tried to make people happy," said Shaq, "and I tried to have fun. I think I did both."


Some Memories of Shaq that I will Miss


No comments:

Post a Comment