Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Athletes and Celebs Can’t Spell Polamalu, Hilarity Ensues




Sure, it may seem like a hard name to spell, but if you think about it from a phonetic standpoint, it’s really quite easy…unless you’re a celebrity or athlete.
Then it’s a little tougher.  Yardbraker's Alana G asked a bunch of celebs and athletes, some of which are Troy Polamalu’s teammates for goodness sakes, how to spell the Steelers safety’s last name.  The list of misspellers included NFLers Terrell Owens, Willie McGinest, Justin Forsett, Stevie Johnson, Willis McGahee, Lorenzo Neal, as well as celebs Randy Jackson, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Joe Jonas, Guy Fieri, and Kevin Frazier.
The football players I’ve heard of, the celebrities, yeah, not so much.  I hear some of those guys are on that show Entourage, but how would I know that…I haven’t plumbed the depths of self-loathing enough to subject myself to that show.
But I digress.  All I can say is, save for Chris Kemoeatu, it was a display of epically poor spelling skills.  Their feeble attempts at spelling Troy’s surname are so hilariously bad it’s pitiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment